Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 16th Birthday Alexa!








September 14th was Alexa's 16th birthday. After going to church that morning we came back to our apartment and celebrated with the Neil and Carolyn Milne who are adopting Artyom (Artem) and our tanslators Natasha and Tanya.

Alexa blew out 16 candles on a birthday cake and opened a few presents which was lots of fun. I'm sure it's the biggest celebration she's ever had. I handed my video camera to Alexa and her two friends and showed them how to video tape each other. We then left the room and let them have some fun for a little while. This was a good idea because they immediately opened up and started talking, singing, and doing things they would never do with us in the room. I'm not sure they've seen themselves on a video camera before. They laughed and laughed when I played it back for them.

No comments: