Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back in Kiev Ukraine



I'm back in Kiev as of Tuesday morning this week to complete the adoption process. Natalie picked me up at the airport and helped me get settled into my new apartment for this week in the downtown area of Kiev, a city with over 5 million people! It's a very busy city with far too many cars than than the roads are made to handle. So far I've experienced being stuck in traffic for hours, riding the underground Metro system (10 cents gets you anywhere in the city) and several city buses. It's a maze of millions of people.

These pictures were taken from the city center which is only a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Notice the McDonalds restaurant in the middle left of the bottom picture. That's the only US fast food place here and it's very popular even though it's very expensive for the average person to eat there.

No comments: