Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We made it home!




Our trip home from Kiev to SLC was successful! Here's a picture of Lexi on the 10 hour flight from Kiev to JFK. Once there we passed through customs and immigration. Once we landed in New York City, Lexi automatically becomes a US Citizen. They had to do a finger print and have her sign a document and then we rushed to get our bags checked back in to our connecting flight to SLC.

The top picture is the welcome home banner our kids put together for Lexi :)

The middle picture is a great shot of all of our kids! Left to right - Derek, Ryan, Ashlie (Ryan's wife), Lexi, Shea, Trevor, and Burgundy (Trevor's girlfriend)
It's great to all be back together again. We're really looking forward to having Lexi join our family. Thanks to everyone for your kind messages and support along the way. It's been a terrific journey.


7 comments:

Pratt Family said...

Congrats. We can't wait to meet her.

Nick Jensen, CMT said...

Just make sure she is very clear on who the favorite nephew/cousin is...don't try to deny it Janet.

Pat H. said...

Thanks for sharing the journey with us. I feel like I've been a part of it all. Congratulations to all the family!

Tanya said...

Aaaa! I am so excited for all of you! i miss you:(

Anonymous said...

I am excited to meet her, thanks for keeping the blog up guys!

Lisa Marie said...

I hope I'll be able to meet my new cousin soon! Did you realize that she has the same name as my daughter? Her name is Alexandra, not Alexa, but she goes by Lexi, too (as well as Alex, Lex, and Ali). Hopefully we'll be able to make the trip over next summer to see everyone :)

Tara Thue said...

I'm so excited to have a new cousin! I hope that we can all get together sometime during the Christmas break. It has been great to watch this great journey unfold on your blog.
If Lexi wants to come learn more about U.S. history, DC is the place to do it :) We love visitors!